Project Manager, Practice Optimiza & Dev
Reporting to the Director, Practice Optimization and Development, SMG, this key individual will assist in the development, implementation and oversight of various departmental performance improvement initiatives related to practice management and operations, practice acquisition transitions, provider onboarding, revenue cycle training development, and service improvement projects. To support practice integration and improvement, the Project Manager will work with SMG finance and operational subject matter experts to define, compile, and apply evidence-based best practices across the medical enterprise in order to enhance SMG clinical, operational and financial performance. The Project Manager
- will meet with subject matter experts on an ongoing basis to review site visit findings, disseminate any “lessons from the field” across the network, and monitor ongoing initiatives.
- will be responsible for managing some weekly administrative tasks as needed.
- will analyze business opportunities, develop process improvement programs, and coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives. Evaluations may include market and competitor assessment, business model valuation, and financial analyses to support conclusions and recommendations.
- will provide subsequent project management support as Steward expands via virtual and traditional provider practice development.
- Overseeing the day to day management of all assigned projects and responsible for ensuring timely and thorough completion, communication about barriers/solutions and resources needs.
- Making process and/or organization structure suggestions for improvements and changes as needed.
- Development of new policies and procedures in preparation of project implementation.
- Working with Site Directors/Managers, and Trainers to identify areas of focus and develop training material and plans as needed.
- Identifying and developing action plans for new process improvement projects.
- Collaborate with medical group leadership to design and implement new operational models and structures to reduce costs, improve quality and enhance service within SMG markets.
- Work closely with Practice Management on variety of projects including but not limited to revenue cycle training development, service improvement initiatives, IT process improvements and other assorted projects.
- Compile and maintain a Best Practice Manual for our growing multispecialty practice that would serve as the basis of an operating playbook for new market acquisitions to quickly educate key staff members and align expectations in our fast-paced, data-driven environment.
- Review and evaluate all current policies & procedures; participate on SMG policy committee as needed.
- Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives, including the analysis and development of business plans for major capital projects, new services, expansion of markets and capacity enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 3-5 years of project management or analytical experience in the field of healthcare. Practice management or operations experience a plus.
- Knowledge of physicians' office operations, budgeting and financial reporting, medical billing operations and systems required.
- Enhanced communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels within the organization and externally
- Demonstrated capability to bring a disciplined thought process and dynamic problem-solving to business challenges, including the ability to manage and prioritize competing objectives
- Strategic problem solving and advanced quantitative analysis capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong business ethics and values.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced communication skills, with the ability to influence, develop, and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels within the organization and externally.
- Demonstrated capability to bring a disciplined thought process and dynamic problem-solving to business challenges, including the ability to manage and prioritize competing objectives.
- Strategic problem solving and advanced quantitative analysis capabilities.