Project Manager, Practice Optimiza & Dev
Steward Medical Group (SMG) is a physician led, multi-specialty practice organization with more than 1,600 providers providing high-quality patient care in 11 states. Offering both primary care and specialty services, our team of providers work collaboratively to improve patient outcomes through preventative care. Our physicians and advanced care practitioners provide outstanding, compassionate care in the communities where our patients need it most. With hundreds of practice locations, patients and families do not need to travel far from home to receive world-class care.
Reporting to the National Senior Director of Practice Operations, this key individual will assist in the development, implementation and oversight of various departmental performance improvement initiatives. Working closely with functional leaders from each of SMG’s departments, the Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development will assist in initiatives related to practice management, practice moves and acquisitions, provider onboarding and marketing, care coordination and service improvement.
The Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development must be able to work well on a team and in a fast-paced work environment.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- The Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development will be responsible for the following functions:
- Providing project management support as Steward expands via virtual and traditional provider practice development. This involves overseeing the day to day management of all assigned projects and ensuring timely and thorough completion.
- Additional duties as assigned
Accountability and Reporting:
The Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development is accountable to and will have regular meetings with the National Senior Director of Practice Operations. During these meetings, the Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development will provide a complete status report of all ongoing projects and initiatives. Ad hoc projects may also be assigned during this time.
The experience and educational requirements for the role of Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development are as follows:
- 3-5 years of project management or analytical experience in the field of healthcare. Practice management or operations experience are a plus.
- Enhanced communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels within the organization and externally.
- Demonstrated capability to bring a disciplined thought process and dynamic problem-solving to business challenges, including the ability to manage and prioritize competing objectives
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Knowledge and Skills:
The required knowledge and skills for the role of Project Manager, Practice Optimization and Development are as follows:
- Strong business ethics and values, and the ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced communication skills, with the ability to influence, develop, and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels within the organization and externally.
- Proficiency and experience in the Office 365 suite, including Microsoft Word / PowerPoint / Excel / SharePoint. Knowledge of, and past work with Microsoft PowerApps and Power Automate are preferred.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.