At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
- The project technician will be responsible for a wide range of duties as assigned by the Manager of Environmental Services or his/her designee. The project technician will act independent of direct supervision providing superior service to the department's customers. This will include performing housekeeping functions over and above daily cleaning on the patient floors to include cubicle curtain changing, buffing, floor work, carpet extraction, stocking of housekeeping closets, etc. The project technician will provide specialized services including, but not limited to, conference room set-up, AV equipment set-up, teleconferencing equipment set-up, floor care, carpet care, furniture care, moving and storage, etc.
- Working with the Scheduler Plus system, the Project Technician will establish needs for conference room set-ups at the Medical Center. Conference Room set-ups include, removal of trash, set up of tables and chairs according to specification, cleaning of tables and chairs, and ensuring window treatments are presentable.
- Working with the Scheduler Plus system, the Project Technician will determine whether the scheduled meeting requires the use of AV equipment. Based upon that determination, the Project Technician will retrieve and set up various components of the Medical Center's AV program. Equipment will be tested to ensure normal working condition during the set-up process. The Project Technician will be responsible for ensuring that equipment is returned to storage at the completion of the event. Equipment malfunction will be brought to the attention of the shift supervisor or operations manager for appropriate follow-up
- The Project Technician will be trained in the set-up of teleconferencing equipment. This equipment will be set-up when the Medical Center's telephone technicians are unavailable, primarily on the evening shift. Teleconferencing equipment will be broken-down and secured in proper storage area. Equipment malfunction will be brought to the attention of the shift supervisor or operations manager for appropriate follow-up.
- The Project Technician will be proficient in floor care. He/she will possess the ability to burnish and topcoat, scrub and refinish, strip and refinish to ensure a quality result
- The Project Technician will be proficient in floor care which can include all aspects of restorative, corrective and/or preventative cleaning.
- The Project Technician will be responsible for selecting appropriate cleaning materials and supplies to provide proper floor and carpet care. Chemicals will be prepared in accordance with procedure.
- The Project Technician will be required to perform light moves such as movement of beds, mattresses, furniture, storage boxes, etc.
- The Project Technician will be responsible for all requests made concerning the patient floors that does not include the daily housekeeping duties. This includes floor care, specialized cleaning, carpet care, glass cleaning, medical waste and trash removal, sharps removal, cubicle curtain changing, etc.
- The Project Technician may be called upon the assist the Transport Department with light movement. This may include wheelchair calls, specimen delivery, equipment requests, etc.
- The Project Technician will assist with the delivery of clean linen carts to patient care areas as directed by the ES Special Projects Manager. The Project Technician will assist in the delivery of additional linen needs as requested.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Must be able to prioritize, work under busy and high traffic areas.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED, equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Some work related experience but willing to train
- Certification/Licensure: Certification preferred.
- Software/Hardware: Basic computer knowledge preferred.