PSG Tech / Sleep Lab Tech - Per Diem/As Needed
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Job Summary: Licensed and registered Sleep Technologist to work overnight and provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders.
- Responsible for performing Diagnostic PSG's, split night PSG's and/or Cpap titrations (CPAP/BiPAP/ASV/EERS), diagnostic and therapeutic services, patient care, and education.
- Perform mask fittings and follow appropriate procedures for collecting data.
- Monitor data acquisition to ensure signals are artifact-free and adjust as necessary.
- Assist with appropriate interventions (such as oxygen therapy via protocol) as necessary for patient safety.
- Perform routine equipment care and maintenance.
- Scoring experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Certification by Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologist as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist;
- Current Basic Life Support through the American Heart Association;
- 2 years of prior sleep diagnostic experience
Important COVID message
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.