Rad Tech, Registered Radiology Tech - Per Diem
At Steward Health Care, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Responsible to Immediate Care for performance of radiographic procedures and other patient care duties. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- Completion of a college or technical training program in Radiologic Technology is required
- Current license by the state of Ohio as Radiologic Technologist by the Ohio Department of Health is required
- Certification in Radiologic Technology by ARRT is required
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Radiograph patients following procedures, standards and radiologist orders for radiation protection and patient positioning.
- Under the direction of the RN, may administer first aid on arrival of patients and may perform basic functions such as vital signs and other patient care functions.
- Ensures that radiographic readings are obtained in a timely fashion and that proper follow up with the patient is implemented and RN is notified of any discrepancies.
- Assists in gathering patient information on arrival and entering it into Envision system. Files and organizes paperwork as needed.
- Assists physician in exam, (holding infants and children) Assists during suturing and sterile procedures.
- May perform simple CLIA waived laboratory tests, such as urine dipsticks, strep screens, monospots. Certified to collect DOT drug screens and Breath Alcohol when indicated.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Steward Health Care is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.