Radiation Therapist- 24hrs/wk days
Radiation Therapist- part-time 24hrs/wk, day shift, Mon, Tues & Thurs 7a-3:30p
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
Job Summary –
Reporting directly to the Administrative Manager and Chief Radiation Oncologist, delivers an accurate prescribed radiation dose to patients and/or specimens with regard to immobilization devices, field size, treatment distance, radiation shielding, and compensating devices.
- Level of knowledge generally obtained through completion of an approved and accredited program in Radiation Therapy, with successful completion of registration in same.
- Associates degree in Radiation Oncology preferred.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to satisfactorily explain the examination process to patients.
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians and other health care professionals.
- Must be certified by the ARRT and fulfill the necessary continuing education requirements for renewal of Massachusetts RT. license.
- Possess a valid Massachusetts State RT license or temporary license and ARRT certification or eligible for certification with one year to obtain.
- Maintain neat, orderly, accurate, and current treatment records of daily tumor dose, cumulative tumor dose, and daily treatment times, portal films, positions of skin marks to locate treatment fields and compliance with prescribed changes in treatment.
- Reports immediately to the Radiation Oncologist any unusual reactions or events observed while patient is under treatment.
- Assists in simulations and dosimetry.
- Assists in the instruction of students.
- Maintain a high quality of radiation safety measures.
- Periodic On-call duties as scheduled.
- Maintains cleanliness and order of working area.
- Maintains supplies as needed.
- Delivers an accurate prescribed radiation dose to patients and blood products.
- Maintain a professional working atmosphere and work harmoniously with all members of the Radiation Oncology staff.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.