Radiation Therapist - Full Time, Day Shift
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Radiation Oncology for administering prescribed radiation doses, following established policies and procedures. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Accurately administers the prescribed radiation dose, utilizing all teletherapy and brachytherapy equipment and computers.
- Maintains records of all treatments including the documentation of all pertinent information, images and data.
- Performs and assists with tumor localization procedures (simulations), brachytherapy procedures and mold room functions.
- Complies with radiation safety policy and procedures.
- Observes and assesses patients for unusual reactions/events and reports occurrences for proper resolution.
- Monitors and assists in all quality assessment and performance improvement activities and initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of a college or technical training program in radiation oncology technology required. Associate degree or diploma in radiation oncology technology from a college or technical school required. After orientation, up to three month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions. Previous experience as a radiation oncology therapist preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Current Ohio license as a radiation therapist by the Ohio Department of Health required. Certification in radiation oncology technology by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists required. Certification in basic CPR required.