Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 3/9/2021
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Performs a variety of clerical support services for the efficient operation of the Radiology Department
- Ability to file/fax Radiology reports.
- Ability to burn CD’s utilizing PACs
- Proficient in utilizing all aspects of the Meditech system.
- Completes computer functions per department protocol.
- Processes requests for image to be sent to physicians and other facilities.
- Answers the phone, takes messages and directs calls appropriately.
- Attends to the need of our customers.
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all Departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Enters exams while verifying the ordering physician routinely. Orders patient exams using patient’s correct/current account number for accuracy of patient identification; verifies patient exam/clinical history and reason for exam.
- Obtains appropriate patient, parent and/or legal guardian signatures according to policy/procedure prior to releasing patient information/films.
- Telephone skills – Is courteous when answering/forwarding phone calls. Takes accurate messages to include date, time and places own initials to afford the intended receiver the ability to seek additional information if necessary.
- Applies knowledge and skills in the use of various office equipment (ie fax machine, printers, copy machine) and is able to maintain equipment in good working order (ie change ribbon; paper and labels).
- Provides coverage during system down-time; maintains flexibility to accommodate departmental needs during a system downtime.
- Sorts and routes written physician’s orders and mail accurately.
- Routinely reviews office policies/procedures in order to remain informed regarding any new procedures established and/or old procedures updated.
- Completes annual job competencies in a timely manner.
- Assists Radiologists with various miscellaneous clerical tasks.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must be able to alphabetize files, orders and records.
- Must have socially interactive skills that would allow for adherence to and execution of Morton
- Hospital Customer Service Standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.