Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 9/4/2020
Performs a variety of clerical support services for the efficient operation of the Radiology Department
- Ability to file/fax Radiology reports.
- Ability to burn CD’s utilizing PACs
- Proficient in utilizing all aspects of the Meditech system.
- Completes computer functions per department protocol.
- Processes requests for image to be sent to physicians and other facilities.
- Answers the phone, takes messages and directs calls appropriately.
- Attends to the need of our customers.
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all Departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Enters exams while verifying the ordering physician routinely. Orders patient exams using patient’s correct/current account number for accuracy of patient identification; verifies patient exam/clinical history and reason for exam.
- Obtains appropriate patient, parent and/or legal guardian signatures according to policy/procedure prior to releasing patient information/films.
- Telephone skills – Is courteous when answering/forwarding phone calls. Takes accurate messages to include date, time and places own initials to afford the intended receiver the ability to seek additional information if necessary.
- Applies knowledge and skills in the use of various office equipment (ie fax machine, printers, copy machine) and is able to maintain equipment in good working order (ie change ribbon; paper and labels).
- Provides coverage during system down-time; maintains flexibility to accommodate departmental needs during a system downtime.
- Sorts and routes written physician’s orders and mail accurately.
- Routinely reviews office policies/procedures in order to remain informed regarding any new procedures established and/or old procedures updated.
- Completes annual job competencies in a timely manner.
- Assists Radiologists with various miscellaneous clerical tasks.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must be able to alphabetize files, orders and records.
- Must have socially interactive skills that would allow for adherence to and execution of Morton
- Hospital Customer Service Standards
- High school diploma or equivalent