Radiology Tech Lead- 40hrs/wk day shift- sign on bonus
Lead X-Ray Tech - full-time, 40hrs/wk, day shift, weekends and holidays required as needed, on call required
*$7.5k sign on bonus for applicants not affiliated with Steward*
- Performs a wide variety of Radiographic procedures which require use of independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative.
- Assumes responsibility for quality and quantity of work in designated area.
- Reports directly to Lead Technologist / Director of Radiology.
- This position has the authority to make decisions in regard to Radiographic technique and examinations.
- Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Following departmental guidelines, selects type and number of films to provide diagnostic information required.
- Prepares and positions patients relative to diagnostic equipment. Performs radiographic examinations with a high degree of accuracy, minimizing repeat films.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of working area.
- Maintains flow of patients through area and quality of films under the direct supervision of the Lead Technologist and Director of Radiology.
- Demonstrates knowledgeable operation of radiographic equipment with proper care given to radiation safety including collimator, shielding, and proper identification of films.
- Maintains proper professional demeanor to patients, medical staff, and patients.
- Performs all necessary functions to ensure effective patient care including clerical and transport duties.
- Assists in daily processor/film sensitometry.
- Completes all patient tracking functions to ensure proper and accurate billing, report transcription, and film retrieval.
- Reports information to next shift pertaining to operational matters.
- Responsible for timely and accurate execution of Radiographic duties.
- Successful completion of approved Radiologic Technology program.
- Possession of a valid Massachusetts license and ARRT certification.
- Associates degree in Radiologic Technology preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in Diagnostic Radiology.
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with Radiology clients. Interpersonal skills sufficient to satisfactorily explain the examination process to patients.
- Must be skilled in all areas of routine Diagnostic Radiology or a particular specialty area of Radiology.
- Massachusetts license and ARRT certification. BLS required.
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Maximum skill level in Routine Diagnostic Radiology or a Specialty area of Diagnostic Radiology or both.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.