Radiology Tech (SMG - SLMC Ortho & Sports Med)
Location: Steward Medical Group - West
Posted Date: 7/27/2020
The Radiology Technologist performs reception and clerical duties, diagnostic procedures as ordered.
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
- Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to use computer system.
- Completes all work before assignments in a timely manner
- Performs all quality control checks, as prescribed.
- Maintains accurate QC logs, service records, etc.
- Performs highest quality imaging consistent with prescribed examination; documents and deviation.
- Adheres to departmental protocols.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Understands and practices proper use of all equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer's instruction.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Must be acquainted with local fire and safety regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of practice policies
- Demonstrates competency in utilizing department equipment. Can locate images in system and assists others in finding patients in system. Burns patient CD’s and prints patient films upon request.
- Properly enters patient demographic, accession, and exam information into computer system, with minimal errors.
- Completes a contrast exam checklist prior to exam. Records patient contrast administration information on contrast usage forms.
- Properly files paperwork in accordance with departmental policy.
- Cleans and stocks work area after every shift. Adheres to and maintains appropriate patient confidentiality.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Completion of AMA accredited radiology program
- One (1) year experience working as a Radiology Technician
- Maintains certification with ARRT
- BLS certification
- Paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement