Radiology Technician, Part-Time
Under the supervision of the Chief Technologist of the Department of Imaging Services, shall be responsible for the performance of technical radiographic examination as outlined in the Department of Radiology Procedures Manual.
Director, Imaging Services (All staff and supervisory technologists are accountable to the Radiologist for medical direction.)
ARRT Registry (RTR), Massachusetts RT licensure
A. Is supportive of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
B. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
C. Keeps others informed.
D. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
E. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
F. Rotates weekend and shift change duty as required. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuation in workload
G. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed and demonstrates flexibility in response to reassignments.
H. Reports to work on time and returns promptly from breaks. Provides proper advance notification for vacation absence or tardiness.
I. Observes hospital policies regarding smoking, telephone use, web mail and Internet usage, and other rules governing conduct in the workplace.
J. Limits personal phone calls to urgent and emergency situations. Limits communication and activity during regularly scheduled shifts to business related
SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures the dignity of patient /customer is maintained at all times.
D. Maintains patient confidentiality (HIPPA Guidelines) at all times.
E. Abides by and upholds Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
F. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e., ages and culture).
G. Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent the transmission of infectious disease. Washes hands appropriately.
H. Demonstrates knowledge of Growth and Development in patient interactions.
I. Complete annual Mandatory Safety Fair via NetLearning.
1. Operates radiographic equipment used in the performance of all standard radiological procedures as outlined in the Department of Radiology Procedure Manual.
2. Has ability to demonstrate anatomical structures based upon knowledge of patient positioning (radiographic) and upon the principles of radiographic exposure, radiation physics, and principles of x-ray generation. Provide optimum quality radiographs through proper selection of imaging techniques.
3. Records daily equipment quality check according to JACHO standards.
4. Assists radiologists with routine and minor special procedures by setting-up preps and acquiring patient permit for procedure, when necessary. Performs minor special procedures as outline in the Radiology Department Procedure manual.
5. Makes every effort to protect all patients and staff from unnecessary radiation through the use of protective devices with strict adherence to guidelines and regulations of state and federal bureaus of radiation control. Monitors patient’s condition while in the Department. Provides quality patient care with respect to comfort, availability of assistance. Observes IV and oxygen apparatus.
6. Rotates on-call responsibilities as required.
7. Readily assumes responsibility of student training, as directed by supervisor.
8. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
9. Ensures that x-ray procedure rooms are kept clean and properly stocked. Refer to the Infection Control Manual as needed.
10. Maintain a high level of ethical conduct as defined by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists.
11. Rotates weekend and shift charge duty as required.
12. Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent transmission of infectious disease.
13. Washes hands appropriately.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed and demonstrates flexibility in response to reassignments.
15. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.