Radiology Technologist Per Diem
Join us at Holy Family Hospital
Not many healthcare professionals have the opportunity to build a career with a great job and robust benefits while also caring for friends, family and neighbors. You can when you work at Holy Family Hospital in Methuen and Haverhill. As part of the Steward Health Care System, our goal is to offer low-cost, high-quality healthcare to the people who live and work near our hospital, so they don’t have to travel far for great care.
Our two campuses in Methuen and Haverhill have a total of 320 beds and we are a full service, acute care hospital offering comprehensive inpatient medical/surgical units, outpatient care, and 24/7 emergency services. We have three behavioral health units, cardiac telemetry, and critical care service lines. Our Haverhill campus offers all private rooms, and our Methuen campus offers a new state-of-the-art catheterization suite and Joint Center of Excellence named as a Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction+ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement.
Position Summary: Radiology Technologist Per Diem
Consistently produces radiographs of diagnostic quality by using appropriate positioning, proper technique and accurate collimation.
- Consistently labels all radiographs with appropriate right and left markers (own), patient's name, date of service, hospital name, and as appropriate, portable documentation of exams performed outside the main department.
- Always wears radiation film badge while on duty, stores it in designated location within department, and changes the badge monthly on designated due date.
- Assists physicians with fluoroscopic procedures and prepares barium contrast according to protocol.
- Ensures suites are properly set up and functioning before radiologist begins procedure.
- Routinely reports equipment malfunctions/repairs as soon as possible to Team Leader or designee.
- Follows established protocol for seeking clinical engineering field service technician.
- Maintains accurate and complete day sheets, filling in all required fields.
- Maintains order and cleanliness in assigned suites and throughout department, including ED and OR radiology work areas. Preps and stocks rooms at beginning and throughout shift. Cleans suites between patients according to infection control routine, including all equipment and devices.
- Provides Wet Readings to nurses and physicians as directed by a radiologist and according to hospital privacy guidelines. Maintains documentation according to departmental guidelines.
- Willingly participates with new procedures and techniques. Demonstrates a proactive and positive approach to new programs within work area.
- Operates Meditech ITS radiology module according to hospital and departmental privacy and confidentiality standards. Understands all required functions in Technologist Menu, including but not limited to charging, amending/editing, adding, deleting, entering LMP, LSU or other required information.
- Enters all patient tracking detail. Seeks assistance as needed.
- Acquires 12 CEU's per year according to state and registry guidelines. Provides Team Leader with CEU documentation within 5 business days of event or receipt of documentation from source.
- Always properly identifies patients prior to procedure according to patient safety standard: asks patient's name and DOB. Verifies patient response with bracelet (inpatient) or green card (outpatient). Must receive verbal identity confirmation prior to beginning procedure.
- Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Certification/Licensure: Must hold a valid registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Must hold a valid commonwealth of Massachusetts license. BLS Required
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
Salary Range: $28.00 - $38.00
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multi-specialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers. Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristics.