Radiology Technologist - X-Ray Tech - Per Diem
Location: Florida Medical Center
Posted Date: 9/20/2022
- Operate Radiographic equipment to obtain diagnostic images and information. In doing so, ensure the patient is properly prepared, obtain a relevant patient history and assure proper positioning. Select proper imaging techniques and follow department protocols in order to provide a complete study for the exam requested. Provide complete documentation of the exam and provide the Radiologist with images of diagnostic quality for interpretation.
- Calculate and select proper technical factors; operate equipment as required; being careful to allow for the lowest permissible dose to produce the best quality film. Process films by automatic processing; properly identify films with patients I.D. and appropriate markers in order to obtain quality diagnostic radiographs.
- Provide radiation protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards. Shield all patients as appropriate.
- Explain the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient while maintaining ethical standards, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, professional conduct and patients physical privacy.
- Utilize aseptic sterile technique as necessary for any invasive procedures. Able to assist the Radiologist or Physician during any such procedure.
- Be knowledgeable in the operation of all equipment used during the work day, including imaging equipment, film processors and systems necessary to check appointments and patient reports.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology; ARRT Certification.
- Valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography); with at least 2 years experience.
- Current CPR Certification.