Receiving Clerk - Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
TITLE: Receiving Clerk
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the safe and accurate receiving and delivery of goods. Verifies quantities received and updates receipts in Meditech computerized system. Delivers received supplies and equipment to user departments in a safe and timely manner.
- Receives supplies and equipment for facility and off sites:
- Verifies the quantity and quality of all incoming packages against carrier bill of lading
- Checks contents of packages against purchase orders, verifies, receives and updates in Meditech system
- Reports all storages of shipments, over-shipments and other discrepancies to Lead Receiver.
- Receives incoming FED EX, UPS deliveries and process receipt
- Prepares outgoing FED EX packages for pick up
- Equipment and supply delivery:
- Prioritizes and prepares items for delivery to department and storeroom. Prints receiving documents for delivery
- Delivers items to the correct departments throughout the facility
- Inventory Management:
- Participates in periodic physical inventory count in the storeroom and accurately records count data
- Assist in cross checking of count data
- Maintains established par levels of medical gas cylinders in main storage shed and orders weekly as needed
- Housekeeping duties on loading dock and storeroom:
- Sweeps dock and storeroom areas, as needed
- Stacks wooden pallets on dock
- Clears storeroom of cardboard and load into Baylor machine
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Capable of working in a team atmosphere
- Good customer service skills when interacting with co-workers, vendors, patients or visitors
- Education: High School or equivalent
- Experience: 0-6 months warehouse experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
- Software/Hardware: Meditech Materials Management software
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.