At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Position Title: Records Administrator
Department: Administrative Oncology
Job Summary: Responsible for ensuring that all necessary medical data is available on the day of consultation to enable the oncology clinical staff to provide quality patient care to all patients of the Hudner Oncology Center. Direct communication with all physicians and nursing staff of the Hudner Oncology Center, as well as institutions and physician offices in and outside of the community.
- Determines priorities to ensure that all data is received prior to patient’s appointment
- Obtains medical records or additional patient information as requested from referring physicians, facilities and hospitals and places them in the appropriate medical chart
- Notifies new patients of appointment date and time, confirms patient availability and obtains any other necessary clinical, demographic and insurance information. If necessary, referring physician is contacted for additional information
- Maintains a request log which is checked daily to track the data it is received in the Hudner Oncology Center
- Documents all information requested and received on the consult sheet
- Establishes network with other institutions and departments to integrity of data
- Logs all data requests utilizing quality checklist on IMPAC system
- Coordinates patient’s consultations utilizing the IMPAC system
- Documents patient’s name, medical record/account number and year on chart
- Ensures that patients sign appropriate consents and authorizations to release information
- Maintain chart/film/slide log utilizing IMPAC Quality Checklist function
- Return films to sending facilities upon completion of treatment or as requested
- Works collaboratively with TOC and other departments to transfer information and patient materials as needed
- Screens and transfers or relays messages to appropriate personnel, utilizing approved message system
- Sorts, distributes and routes departmental mail
- Services as a resource to provide correct information relative to
- Departmental policies, procedures and operations, as required
- Corrects reports as needed, obtains, signatures, etc
- Performs order entry on patients for specific tests
Minimum Education Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree in Secretarial Science preferred.
Minimum Work Experience: At least one year previous experience in a comparable position.
Other skills and abilities: Medical terminology, computer experience, typing, word processing, business communications, and basic mathematics. Ability to communicate and/or discuss semi-complex, confidential or involved information. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a busy environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.