Referral Coordinator/Receptionist- Per Diem
Salary range for this position: $15.81/hr - $23.50/hr based relevant years of experience. Salary placement is determined by the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Nashoba Valley Hospital and 1199SEIU.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
This is an exciting opportunity for the dynamic individual who enjoys change and is eager to learn by covering receptionist and referral duties in multiple departments including Rehab Services, Pain Clinic, Sleep Lab, EMG, and EEG
- Provides indirect patient care in the Pain Clinic by obtaining initial and ongoing authorization for treatment.
- Works closely with Medical Records, Billing, and Financial Counselors to ensure treatment.
- Meets the communication needs of the patient/family, departmental staff, and medical staff.
- Implements directions from the physicians and pain clinic staff. Cross-trained and assists with coverage of administrative staff.
- Participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities.
- Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines.
- Ensures that patient changes are accurate and entered on a timely basis. Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety, and fire safety programs.
- Schedules patients verifying eligibility and ensuring that initial and ongoing authorization is obtained.
- Obtains patient demographic and health insurance information, collects co-pay if applicable.
- Enters patient information into the computer system.
- Assembles patient charts; retrieves patient charts if they are a return patient.
- Schedules outpatient appointments; maintains the appointment book.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Pain Clinic Staff.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Retrieves x-ray or medical files when needed.
- Orders supplies and printing weekly. Assists in cost containment through appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- Interacts professionally with patients and their families and provides explanations and verbal reassurances as necessary.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
- Answers telephone a polite manner and communicates information to the appropriate personnel.
- Prepares statistical reports, types and sends patient progress reports to referring physician.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience with billing and insurance preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to communicate in English; both verbally and in writing.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
Experience: One year of experience in office setting or hospital setting preferred; Experience with billing and insurance preferred.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristics.
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.