Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 10/14/2021
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
***Reg Diagnostic Med Sonographer 40hrs/Days & Evenings
Performs diagnostic procedures as requested by physicians utilizing diagnostic ultrasound equipment to obtain high quality diagnostic images. Performs all ultrasound examinations pertinent to the Radiology/Ultrasound modality including, abdominal, obstetric, gynecologic, extremities, small parts, and minor surgical procedures (i.e. cyst aspirations and biopsies). Prepares procedure room, equipment, supplies and medications as needed. Practices Morton Hospital Customer Service standards.
- Demonstrates competency in the operation of Ultrasound equipment.
- Documents patient's history, completing the appropriate work sheets in an accurate and legible manner.
- Tests probe cleaning chemistry maintaining daily log.
- Demonstrates awareness and competence regarding patient safety.
- Properly cleans and organizes room upon completion of procedures.
- Reviews patient's records to ensure appropriateness of procedure.
- Consistently obtains diagnostic quality images demonstrating competency in all diagnostic procedures as described in Department protocols.
- Consistently checks patient's identification. Demonstrates ability to coordinate care with other members of the health care team.
- Explains the procedure to the patient and gives the patient the opportunity to ask relatives questions.
- Keeps patient and family members informed of progress and/or delays associated with their procedure.
- Completes the annual education in Steward University.
- Notifies supervisor of supply shortages, equipment malfunctions and problematic situations within the department.
- Readily and willingly contributes to a team approach in order to provide the best patient care and service.
- Always checks and completes the status change in the Meditech system as the patient exam is completed.
- Scans worksheets into PACS system.
- Employee will comply with the principles of Infection Control an Aseptic Technique
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Smiles, treats customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer's satisfaction
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training},
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
Required Qualifications: Ultrasound Technologist
- Documented training and experience in ultrasonography
- Current BLS certification
- Current ARDMS registered certification with RDMS designation and/or current ARRT registered certification in Sonography with RT(S) designation and/or completion of SPI Physics and eligibility for ARDMS within 9 months of hire or transfer in any specialty of ARDMS.
For technologists primarily performing vascular sonography
- Current ARDMS registered certification in Vascular Technology with RVT designation and/or current CCI registered certification as a Registered Vascular Specialist with RVS designation and/or current ARRT registered certification in Vascular Sonography with RT(VS) designation**
** required within 9 months for new hires; required for all current employees within 9 months of effective date of transfer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.