Reg Resp Ther (RRT) - Per Diem
Location: Norwood Hospital
Posted Date: 1/8/2020
Evaluates and treats patients. Also responsible for documentation and billing.
Reports to the Respiratory Manager.
- Graduate of a National Board for Respiratory Care program, accredited or approved by the American Medical Association.
- Current Respiratory Therapist license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- BLS Certification from American Heart Association required
- Current NRP certification required (or must obtain within one year of date of hire)
- TEAM WORK
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
- Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
- Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
- Performs patient assessments and re-assessments in a skillful, accurate and timely manner.
- Initiates, monitors and evaluates mechanical ventilation and adjunct techniques, including manual ventilation.
- Performs bronchial hygiene and lung expansion, including CPT, percussion, vibration, breathing exercises, incentive spirometry, and intermittent positive pressure breathing.
- Demonstrates proficiency in administration and monitoring of aerosol/humidity therapy.
- Performs safe and effective airway management including suctioning, assisting with airway insertion/intubations, tracheotomy care, and CPR initiation.
- Performs accurate arterial blood gas techniques.
- Respects diversity and demonstrates ability to treat patients based on individual needs, age, culture and diagnosis, including knowledge level, techniques/skills, communicational skills, Education to patient/family, medication administration.
- Maintains documentation according to department policies, utilizing:
- Thoroughness and accuracy
- Neatness and legibility
- Demonstrates good judgment and independent work skills including:
- Seeking assistance when appropriate
- Communicating issues and ideas to Manager
- Problem solving appropriately
- Working cooperatively as a team member
- Shows self-initiative in attending in-service, literature review, and self-study.
- Participates in at least one seminar/course program per year.
- Shares clinical knowledge with department.
- Actively demonstrates positive Service Excellence, including:
- Ensures patient/customer dignity is maintained at all times.
- Respects and responds to patient/customer needs and concerns promptly.
- Abides and upholds the hospital Service Excellence standards.
- Demonstrates good communication and appropriate working relationship with patients, families, colleagues, physicians and other hospital staff.
- Demonstrates positive communication and interpersonal skills: Verbal and Non-verbal
- Provides supervision to students, volunteers, and aides.
- Seeks assistance appropriately from staff, nursing, and Supervisor.
- Demonstrates flexibility to meet department and area of service needs through coverage, schedule changes and assistance to others.
- Demonstrates an ability to organize time, workload and patients effectively, so as to maintain weekly productivity standards: Uses support staff
- Submits charges that are accurate and timely.
- Participates in department and hospital meetings and committees.
- Participates in PI process, data collection and quality improvement of department.
- Attended/successfully completed Safety Fair quiz in past year.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of clinical equipment.
- Maintains a professional manner, dress and action; adheres to department, professional and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Ensures that staff and patient confidentiality is strictly upheld.