Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 11/13/2020
(Briefly describe the overall purpose of this position - Why does it exist and how does it contribute to the overall organization?)
The Regional Director, Supply Chain plays a key role in ensuring that Steward meets its strategic, operational, service, financial, and quality performance goals. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all facets of a comprehensive supply chain program within the Division assigned. The Regional Director, Supply Chain is the liaison between the Consolidated Service Center (CSC) and the Divison Hospital who insures that all customers, including departmental employees and physicians, have their product needs met in order to service the patient. The knowledge of finance, supply chain and best practices in supply chain is a key asset to insure facility and Steward success.
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
- Serves as a resource for all facilities in the market assigned to problem solve all supply chain related issues.
- Conducts monthly visits to each assigned facility to insure best practices in supply chain are being followed.
- Participates in monthly on site value analysis meetings to insure contract products, Steward Initiatives, and new products are being approved prior to use in any Steward facility.
- Works with facility materials management staff to review AP related reports
- Communicates all facility staff changes, for GPO website and corporate use.
- Prepares operation improvement plans where required and follows up on all items assigned.
- Meets with Facility CFO and Materials Management Director while on site to insure financial success of the Facility.
- Completes site visit reports on all facility encounters on site, within 7 days of visit and submits report to President, CFO, and Materials Management Directors at the facility and copies Supply Chain leadership.
- Completes End of Month Spend Reports for all facilities and submits to Supply Chain leadership.
- Prepares weekly Touch Point reports to Senior Steward Management regarding activities for the week.
- Participates in meetings as assigned.
- Under CSC direction, assist facilities to implement product conversions and standardization efforts;
- Insures sites are meeting Joint Commission requirements relative to supply chain and stocking locations;
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
- Knowledge and experience of Supply Chain support processes in a Hospital/Health Care Environment;
- Knowledge and experience of data manipulation software;
- Knowledge and experience with centralized data and document management programs;
- Clear understanding of financial systems with demonstrated experience in cost management;
- Knowledge of Inventory Management systems as well as forecasting methodology/systems;
- Strong project and program management skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required;
- Ability to think strategically with confidence and speed in execution;
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities;
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes within the business;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple teams with a collaborative/mentoring style;
- Ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth; and
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels of the company.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred. Prior Healthcare Experience Considered
- Experience (Type & Length): 5-7 years’ experience in Materials Management.
- Certification/Licensure: Certifications in disciplines such as Inventory Management, Lean / Six Sigma, or Operational Planning preferred. CMRP Certified
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office suite; MediTech, Lawson