Regional Physician Recruiter
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: The Regional Physician Recruiter will work directly with the Regional Vice President of Network Development and Physician Strategy to support the growth strategies of the organization, focused on markets in Arizona. The role is designed to foster mentorship and a close working relationship with senior executives to ensure success. Under the direction of the Regional VP, in conjunction with SHCN, SMG Leadership and Hospital Leadership, the Regional Physician Recruiter is responsible for sourcing candidates to fill identified roles along with qualifying the candidates. The Regional Physician Recruiter seeks active as well as passive candidates, both within the local region as well as expanding search parameters to fill vacancies.
- Strategic sourcing from external and internal physician recruitment databases, networking opportunities of medical associations key contacts and visibility at professional conferences to initiate contact to introduce them to Steward Health Care, and maintain contact to develop an on-going pool of candidates
- Recruitment of qualified physicians includes initial screening, introduction of candidate to local area, responding to inquiries both about relocation as well as hospital/ practice questions to identify the best match of candidates with the appropriate opening.
- Retention of recruited physicians is based on the ability of the recruiter to manage expectations of the candidate with expectations of the practice / Chapter into which they are recruited, as well as being responsive to the concerns and issues of the candidate.
- Maintain a current understanding of the market needs and Optimal Network Composition within the respective market in order to respond to both candidates and staff inquiries and ensure competiveness of recruitment efforts.
- Maintain required statistics and metrics to track recruitment efforts; including updating entries into SalesForce.
- The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, driven, team player with excellent communication skills, a willingness to learn, and an ability to work with a team
- Creates and places physician recruitment ads on internal and external websites, specialty journals, and other resources
- Initiates marketing strategies to continually recruit Primary Care Physicians
- Represents and markets the organization at physician recruitment conferences/career fairs and other venues to promote the organization
- Develop knowledge of primary care markets and develop relationships
- Responsible for collecting, uploading, organizing, maintaining, and distributing all CVs received from physicians
- Analyzes information listed on candidate CVs and verifies with state and national agencies
- Schedules interviews and prepares interview itineraries, as needed/requested
- Assists with sending and collecting reference forms from references provided by physicians for pending hires
- Assists with sending and collecting interview evaluations from physicians and interviewers
- Contacts prospective candidates and conducts preliminary phone screening
- Generates reports and call lists from PracticeMatch, PracticeLink and Salesforce database
- Contacts physicians through targeted email blasts
- Manages marketing materials with hospitals, SHCN and SMG to share with physicians
- Coordinates travel, lodging, and community tours for candidates
- Maintains candidate database.
- Attends meetings with the Regional VP as necessary
- Participates in other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of education and experience
Years of Experience:
- 2-5 Years Physician Recruitment experience required, preferably recruiting for hospitals, Accountable Care Organizations (ACO’s), Networks, physician practices including experience in hard-to fill positions within the medical field
- Demonstrated ability to effectively source and recruit qualified candidates
- Demonstrated understanding of medical manpower planning and the requirements of each individual market and / or specialty
- Ability to effectively interview, screen and establish rapport with candidates
- Ability to convey information about the Steward Health Care enterprise to leave candidates with a positive impression about the organization
- Strong organizational skills to maintain large amounts of data and information on candidates, markets and the organization
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.