Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the holistic assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care.
- Implements the nursing process using a collaborative multidisciplinary approach and age specific knowledge and skills to direct patient care in cardiology
- Uses critical thinking, creativity and effective communication to avoid the development of problems, problem solve when they occur and integrate services across the continuum of care.
- Provides age appropriate patient, family, staff ,student and community education for diagnostic cardiology
- Accurately identifies physiologic, hemodynamic and electrocardiographic changes, interprets correctly and applies nursing interventions or physicians orders appropriately and in a timely manner
- Evaluates patient response to interventions and modifies plan of care appropriately. Provides accurate and concise documentation in the medical record, and communication with the physicians and other caregivers involved.
- Responds safely and effectively to emergencies in the assigned work area including but not limited to the use of CPR, ACLS.
- Prioritizes workload and delegates appropriately to meet patient and department needs in a cost effective manner. Communicates with the department head when unable to complete workload or if assistance is needed.
- Actively participates in department and health system cost/quality improvement efforts. Offers suggestions for process improvement and communicates customer relations issues. Accurately documents clinical and financial components of care
- Demonstrates and maintains a working knowledge of technical equipment, medications and other interventions. Completes required competencies
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments
- Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License
- Required a Minimum of one year critical care or emergency room experience
- BLS, ACLS, & NIHSS( within 6months of hire)
- High School diploma
- Background checks as required by law
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time