Registered Nurse- Cardiac Rehab- Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
BS in Nursing required; clinical experience in cardiac care and/or cardiac rehabilitation preferred. ACLS certified.
Depth perception; ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus; ability to distinguish colors and read numbers; occasional prolonged standing/walking; occasionally lifts supplies/equipment; manual dexterity and mobility; keyboarding 3-4 hours per day; uses hands for gross grasping/manipulation and fine manipulation.
- Conducts nursing assessment with patients participating in the program and collaborates with other staff in developing an individualized plan of care.
- Implements the treatment plan based on initial and admission assessments and formulates desired outcomes specific to the individual patient’s needs.
- Evaluates the patient’s condition on a continuous basis. Records and completes reports related to progress/non-progress towards achievement of identified goals to appropriate providers on the health care team.
- Provides ongoing patient education and discharge planning, incorporating this into the “problem list, treatment, and discharge summary”. Develops, updates and assists with the presentation of weekly lectures for patients, their family and significant others.
- Establishes and maintains effective and supportive relationships with patients and their families. Functions as a team member promoting harmonious working relationships.
- Provides therapeutic nursing interventions in response to patient occurrences and responds rapidly and effectively to emergency situations, demonstrating ability to manage self, patient, and others.
- Follows unit policies and procedures and participates in pertinent data policy writing, review and updates with other members of the service.
- Participates in the collection of patient data assessment of findings from quality improvement monitoring.
- Assumes leadership responsibilities as assigned, with minimal assistance and guidance. Demonstrates sound clinical judgment reflective of current principles of nursing practice.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.