Registered Nurse, CVOR, Per Diem, Flexible Shift
Provides direct patient care to adult and geriatric patient populations. Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the cardiovascular surgical environment. Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously and as needed about patient condition. Participates in performance improvement activities and complies with all regulatory standards. Assists with the maintenance of surgical equipment and inventory. Assesses operating room for equipment functioning and readiness, obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs for surgical operating team are met. Positions and assists during procedure.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- 2 years peri-operative experience preferred.
- Current CNOR preferred.
- Excellent physical assessment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to perform effectively in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Graduate from an approved nursing educational program as defined by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
- Holds current Florida RN license.
- Holds current BLS certification form the American Heart Association
Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization