Registered Nurse, Emergency Services Department, Per Diem, Rotating Shift
Delivers advanced professional and technical nursing care to patients of all ages presenting to the Emergency Room with real or potential emergency care needs, in support of and in collaboration with care directed by the medical staff.
Nursing care delivered complies with objectives and policies of the hospital. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation when delivering nursing care. Collaborate with multidisciplinary team member to provide age/ developmentally appropriate care in accordance with unit standards.
Performs nursing techniques for the comforts and well-being of the patient. Prepares equipment and assists physician during treatments and examinations of patients. Assists in planning, supervising, and instructing Licensed Practical Nurses, and E.D. Techs, thereby providing care to a number of patients.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
• Graduate from an approved nursing educational program as defined by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
• One (1) year Acute Care Experience required
• Good organizational skills preferred
• Basic computer skills required
• Current Florida Registered Nurse Licensure required
• BLS and ACLS from the American Red Cross required
• PALS within 30 days of employment
• CPI within 90 days of employment
• Ability in effectively communicating in writing and orally with all levels of the organization.