Registered Nurse - Emergency Services - Full Time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
$10,000 Sign On Bonus
Full Time 36 Hours Per Week
Flex Shift: 3:00 pm to 3:30 am / 7:00 pm to 7:30 am
Weekends and Holidays Required
Emergency nurses specialize in assessing, intervening and stabilizing a variety of trauma and illnesses with decisive action. Due to the range of medical conditions that may require urgent treatment and care, they must be knowledgeable about general as well as specific health issues.
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols, and established policies and procedures.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patient/family for discharge incorporating support systems/resources necessary.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care (e.g., seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, reassigns personnel as necessary, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.)
- Provides thorough, timely and accurate documentation of all pertinent data, therapeutic interventions and patient responses including assessment, care plan, patient goals and interventions according to established standards.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e., appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Safely administers medications and intravenous therapy in accordance with physician's orders, protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Assesses patient pain level upon admission and as necessary, utilizing the pain scale (e.g., numerical, FACES and functional goals.)
- Reassesses effectiveness of pain control and notifies physicians as needed, as well as documents assessment and patients' response to medication.
- Readily accepts accountability for designated patient and effectively hands off patient as required.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises nursing interventions performed by others.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred
- Current nursing registration in Massachusetts required.
- BCLS required.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
- TNCC and ENPC required within 1 year of hire.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to perform medication dosing calculations.
Demonstrated clinical competence in the specialty area of nursing practice preferred.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.