Registered Nurse, Endoscopy, Full Time, Flexible Shift
Delivers professional and technical Nursing care to adult and geriatric patients, undergoing endoscopic procedures for a variety of gastrointestinal conditions as well as assisting in Pulmonary Bronchoscopies. Moderate sedation provided when required in procedures. Nursing care delivered complies with the objectives and policies of the hospital and utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning implementation, and evaluation.
Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams members to provide age/developmentally in accordance with unit standards. Prepares and maintains expensive, fragile equipment. Assists physician during procedures and documentation of the procedures by the Registered Nurse. Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the patient. Assists in planning, supervising and instructing Endoscopy technicians to assist with procedures and the cleaning of the scopes. Interacts closely with the physicians and ensures has all of the needed equipment for the case. Required to be on-call for emergency cases.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
• Basic Arrhythmia course
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in acute care facility, experience with endoscopic procedures preferred.
• Advanced physical assessment skills.
• Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to assess/detect changes in human physiological condition.
• Effective oral and written communication skills in the English language.
• Knowledge of computer systems.
• Graduate from an approved nursing educational program as defined by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
• Current Florida RN license
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Red Cross
Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 115126