Registered Nurse First Assistant-DeliveryRm-Per Diem
Location: Good Samaritan Medical Center
Posted Date: 9/3/2020
|Functions as a first assistant during surgical incision, excision, and repair of pathology and throughout the perioperative period on procedures for which privileges have been granted. Supports the mission, vision, and values of the organization.|
1. Provide competent and ethical care within legal standards of practice as applicable to the RNFA. Preoperative Role: Participate in preoperative assessment and planning for selected surgical patients in collaboration with the health team members in the preoperative location. Intraoperative Role: recognize safety hazards and initiate appropriate preventative and corrective actions; Provide exposure through appropriate use of instruments, retractors, suctioning, and sponging techniques; Handle and dissect tissues in collaboration with the surgeon; Clamp blood vessels, coagulate bleeding points, ligate vessels, and perform other procedures in collaboration with the surgeon; Suture muscle, fascia, subcutaneous, and skin tissue in collaboration with the surgeon; Place drains as surgically indicated; Assist with cannulation and decanulation procedures, if indicated. Postoperative Role: Follow selected surgical patients postoperatively in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
2. Serve as an educator, mentor, consultant, and resource to colleagues and other health care professionals in relation to RNFA activities.
3. Work as a professional colleague with the perioperative team and influence multidisciplinary relationships by enhancing collaborative processes.
4. Maintain regulatory, credentialing, and privileging requirements.
5. Complete RNFA-specific competencies…see attached
6. Pursue professional growth related to both perioperative nursing and RNFA practice and participate in a professional organization.
|Required Knowledge & Skills:|
• Current registered nurse licensure in Massachusetts
|Graduate from an accredited school of nursing|
|Two years perioperative services experience|
|CRNFA, ACLS, CNOR and Basic Life Support certification required|