Registered Nurse - Float Pool - Full Time
Join us at Holy Family Hospital
Not many healthcare professionals have the opportunity to build a career with a great job and robust benefits while also caring for friends, family and neighbors. You can when you work at Holy Family Hospital in Methuen and Haverhill. As part of the Steward Health Care System, our goal is to offer low-cost, high-quality healthcare to the people who live and work near our hospital, so they don’t have to travel far for great care.
Our two campuses in Methuen and Haverhill have a total of 320 beds and we are a full service, acute care hospital offering comprehensive inpatient medical/surgical units, outpatient care, and 24/7 emergency services. We have three behavioral health units, cardiac telemetry, and critical care service lines. Our Haverhill campus offers all private rooms, and our Methuen campus offers a new state-of-the-art catheterization suite and Joint Center of Excellence named as a Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction+ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement.
Position Summary: Registered Nurse 36 Hours Nights Sign On Bonus $15,000
Provides direct and indirect patient care for between varied Med/Surg, Telemetry, and Surgical Specialty Units. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient’s clinical condition including hemodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Participates in performance improvement and CQI activities
- Assesses (and reassesses), plans, implements, and evaluates nursing interventions/plans of care/patient goals.
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols, and established policies and procedures.
- Respects each patient as an individual; provides care that fosters the patient’s sense of dignity and positive self-regard.
- Provides patient/family teaching based on identified learning needs, readiness to learn, and barriers to learning.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patient/family for discharge incorporating support systems/resources as necessary.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises nursing interventions performed by others.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care (e.g., seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, reassigns personnel as necessary, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.).
- Provides thorough, timely, and accurate documentation of all pertinent data, therapeutic interventions and patient responses including assessment, care plan, patient goals, and interventions according to established standards.
- Provides timely and thorough transfer of nursing care on assigned patients to other health care team members to ensure integration of services and continuity of patient care.
- Assumes accountability for remaining current regarding standards of care established by the profession, regulatory and accreditation bodies and hospital policies and procedures.
- Promotes learning for colleagues and self (e.g., functions as preceptor, instructor, trainer, attends professional development programs, etc.). Assesses patient pain level upon admission and as necessary, utilizing the pain scale (e.g., numerical, FACES, and functional goals.)
- Reassesses effectiveness of pain control and notifies physicians as needed, as well as documents assessment and patients’ response to medication.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e., appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Identifies ethical issues in care and implements actions to address.
- Safely administers medications and intravenous therapy in accordance with physician’s orders, protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred
- Current nursing registration in Massachusetts required.
- Experience in reading telemetry and knowledge of basic dysrhythmais required.
- BCLS and ACLS required.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families, so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Shift Differential, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multi-specialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers. Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.