Registered Nurse- Geri Psych
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Union Benefits to help you live well!
- Low cost Medical/Prescription Drug Insurance through BCBS
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k via Fidelity for eligible employees with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the geriatric psychiatric unit. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for the geriatric patient.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Nurse Manager, co-workers and physicians.
- Provides care appropriate to the geriatric patient.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Documentation that meets current standards and policies.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Current MA RN Licensure required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- BSN, demonstrated clinical competence in the specialty area of nursing practice preferred.
- BCLS Certification required
- At least one year experience in long term care, medical-surgical or geri-psych required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.