Registered Nurse ICU Full-Time
Summary: The Registered Nurse is responsible for the holistic assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care.
- Consistently delivers care in a compassionate and respectful manner to patients and significant others during interactions.
- Assesses physical and psychosocial needs of assigned patients each shift and identifies priority patient care nursing diagnoses, collaborations with patient to establish goals/outcomes for episode of service
- Manages care for episodes of service by interacting with Case Management, Social Work, PT, OT to provide an interdisciplinary approach to care
- Delegates specific responsibilities and tasks to members of the patient care team as appropriate and in accordance with scope of practice; retains accountability for outcomes of care delivery
- Responds to patient call lights and requests from patients and significant others
- Provides health education to the patients and significant others relevant to plan of care. Preparation for interventions, community services and self-care discharge.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions and progress towards goals each shift; revises plan as needed.
- Documents assessment, diagnoses, plan, interventions and evaluation thoroughly and accurately in the medical record
- Communicates significant findings to physician and other team members as appropriate
- Identifies opportunities for clinical performance improvement, communicates these to patient care leaders
- Actively participates in efforts to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of patient care.
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License
- High School diploma – BSN preferred
- Background Checks (as required by law)