Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit Fulltime
Summary: The Registered Nurse is responsible for the holistic assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care.
- Accurately completes physical and psychosocial assessments of assigned patients. Implements nursing process to promote quality care based on assessed needs. Establishes a care plan by setting relaistic goals and outcome criteria in collaboration with the patient, family and health-care team. Chart documentation is accruate and complete. Provides appropriate care according to patient assessment. Actively participates and is adequately prepared for daily interdisciplinary rounds.
- Demonstrates accountability for technical skills related to the ICU patient. Demonstrates proficiency in delivery of medications per all routes with accurate documentation. Provides expert care for the patient requiring CRRT. Provides expert care when responds to Rapid Assessment team calls. Provides expert care for the patient requiring cardio-respiratory resuscitation. Provides expert care for the patient requiring Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Consistently communicates with patient/family regarding care. Educates patient/family members on a continuum from admission through discharge planning for home care. Updates family members accurately while maintaining patient confidentiality. Accurately provides discharge instructions.
- Documentation: Accurately documents patient observations as evidenced by: Documents vital signs, weights, I/O and pertinent patient observations. Documents patient assessments, diagnosis, plan of care, interventions and evaluation of patient response to care. Documents health education given to patient and significant others that are relevant to plan of care. Evaluates and documents patient responses to interventions and progress towards goals each shift.
- Maintains safe practice for self, other staff members, patients and families. Maintains universal precautions and practices according to their guidelines. Demonstrates proper attire for patients in isolation and consistently follow guidelines. Demonstrates use of safety devices - floor mats, bed alarms, yellow bands, restraints when indicated base on pt score. Completes yearly competencies. Completes hourly rounding, consistently participates in Bedside Shift Report Conducts Daily safety huddle
- Supports unit cohesivesness by participating in unit activities. Encourages others to participate in unit activities. Participates in one or more hospital/department committees. Precepts new staff members. Attends 50% of staff meetings. Reads and initials meeting minutes monthly.
Demonstrates management skills in the coordination and prevision of health care. Performs charge nurse duties as delineated in " Charge Nurse Duties". Regularly discusses patient care assignments with team members to ensure quality care is maintained throughout shift
Assesses levels of skills and resources available to meet the established patient outcomes.
Delegates tasks and duties appropriately to ancillary staff members. Regularly initiates provision of care by interacting with other services on the healthcare team.
- Maintains requited elements for employment in the ICU, CPR, ACLS, and NIHSS.
- Participates in data collection and unit performance improvement.
- Maintains appropriate environment for the provision of professional patient care. Supports the mission and vision of the Sharon Regional Health System. Adheres to the dress code of the health system. Maintains a quiet, safe, confidential and supportive environment for patients, families and staff. Cell phone usage is at a minimum.
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License
- High School diploma – BSN preferred
- BLS, ACLS, and NIHSS
- Background Checks (as required by law)
- Vacation time
- Sick Time