Registered Nurse Med/Surg 5W Full-time
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Summary: he Registered Nurse is responsible for the holistic assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care.
- Consistently delivers care in a compassionate and respectful manner to patients and significant others during all interactions. Consistently performs bedside shhift report at the patient's bedside and engages patient and families.
- Assess physical and psychosocial needs of assigned patients each shift and identifies priority patient care nursing diagnoses, collaborations with patient to establish goals/outcomes for episode of service.
- Manages care for episodes of service by interacting with Case Management, Social Work, PT, OT to provide an interdisciplinary approach to care.
- Delegates specifc responsibilities and tasks to members of the patient care team as appropriate and in accordance with scope of practice; retains accountability for outcomes of care delivery.
- Responds to patient call lights and requests from patients and significant others. Actively rounds every hour during the day hours and every two hours during the night. This is confirmed by patient rounding and completion of hourly rounding forms. Holds staff accountable to rounding.
- Provides health education to the patients and significant others relevant to plan of care.
- Preparation for interventions, community services and self-care after discharge. Uses the discharge folder and discharge ticket to ride to communicate education along with the whiteboard.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions and progress towards goals each shift; revises plan as needed. Communicates plan by consistently using the whiteboard in the plan of care and pain management area.
- Documents assessment, diagnoses, plan, interventions and evaluation thoroughly and accurately in the medical record.
- Communicates significant findings to physician and other team members as appropriate. Uses GOT CHART ans SBAR consistently. Has a computer ready to answer questions that were not covered by SBAR.
- Identifies opportunities for Clinical performance improvement, commiunicates these to patient care leaders.
- Actively participates in efforts to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of patient care.
- Updates the whiteboard with names of caregivers, date and time at the beginning of the shift.
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of PA
- High School Diploma
- Clearances Required by Federal and State Goverments
- ACLS (within 90 days of hire)
- NIHSS (within 90 days of hire)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation - PTO
- Paid Sick
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.