Registered Nurse - Med / Surg Unit -Night Shift- Full Time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Provides direct and indirect patient care focusing on the care of Perioperative, Postoperative, and Pain Management. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient’s clinical condition including hemodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Participates in performance improvement and CQI activities
$10,000 Sign On Bonus
Full Time 36 Hours Per Week
- Assesses (and reassesses), plans, implements, and evaluates nursing interventions/plans of care/patient goals.
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols, and established policies and procedures.
- Respects each patient as an individual; provides care that fosters the patient’s sense of dignity and positive self-regard.
- Provides patient/family teaching based on identified learning needs, readiness to learn, and barriers to learning.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patient/family for discharge incorporating support systems/resources as necessary.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises nursing interventions performed by others.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care (e.g., seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, reassigns personnel as necessary, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.).
- Provides thorough, timely, and accurate documentation of all pertinent data, therapeutic interventions and patient responses including assessment, care plan, patient goals, and interventions according to established standards.
- Provides timely and thorough transfer of nursing care on assigned patients to other health care team members to ensure integration of services and continuity of patient care.
- Assumes accountability for remaining current regarding standards of care established by the profession, regulatory and accreditation bodies and hospital policies and procedures.
- Promotes learning for colleagues and self (e.g., functions as preceptor, instructor, trainer, attends professional development programs, etc.). Assesses patient pain level upon admission and as necessary, utilizing the pain scale (e.g., numerical, FACES, and functional goals.)
- Reassesses effectiveness of pain control and notifies physicians as needed, as well as documents assessment and patients’ response to medication.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e., appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Identifies ethical issues in care and implements actions to address.
- Safely administers medications and intravenous therapy in accordance with physician’s orders, protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred
- Current nursing registration in Massachusetts required.
- Demonstrated clinical competence in the specialty area of nursing practice preferred.
- BCLS required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 125363