Registered Nurse MedSurg, Part-time 7am - 7pm
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Stewardship.
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the acute care/telemetry/medical setting. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient’s clinical condition including hemodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Participates in performance improvement and CQI activities
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Ability to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes neonate, pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care, revise plan as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies dysrhythmias and treatsappropriately based upon ACLS protocol.
- Provides care to patients with compromised nutritional/metabolic status.
- Provides care to patients requiring extensive fluid and electrolyte management.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to charge nurse, co-workers and physicians.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Provides care appropriate to disease condition and age of the patient.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures both in the ACU and other departments.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function well under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions as a liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse Licensure required.
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message:
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 120613