Registered Nurse - Oncology Clinic
Location: North Shore Medical Center
Posted Date: 1/19/2023
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain history and physical
- Family counseling
- Facilitate supervising physician referral of patients to the appropriate health care facilities, agencies, or other resources of the community or other physicians
- Dictate progress notes, history and physical, and discharge summaries
- Administer and or order medication upon request of supervising physician
- Initiate emergency resuscitation and stabilization measures on any patient requiring such
- Perform chart audits
- Initiate consultation and monitor patients for special tests
- Counsel patients as to preventive care
- Share on –call responsibilities with a supervising physician on back-up
- All other specific tasks delegated by supervising physician in accordance to the physician assistant’s knowledge and experience developed under the supervising physician in the field of radiation oncology
- Make daily rounds on patients to include: writing notes; orders and schedules tests; planning discharge; and communicating with families, patients and other health care providers.
- Dictate discharge summaries.
- Assess patients referred for consultation and coordinate their care.
- Assist physicians in special procedures when other responsibilities are fulfilled.
Creole speaking desired
- Holds a current RN license and is in good standing
- Able to perform health care tasks in radiation oncology delegated by supervising physician efficiently and effectively consistent with patient’s health and welfare
- Able to obtain and sustain clinical hospital privileges
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Current BLS
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an approved program or its equivalent
- Experience in clinical setting preferred
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 120374