Registered Nurse - Operating Room - 30 Hours, 730a-5p
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Holy Family Hospital is a 320-bed full service, acute care hospital with two campuses located in Methuen and Haverhill, Massachusetts. Both locations provide comprehensive inpatient medical/surgical units, outpatients, and 24.7 emergency services, including ICUs, behavioral health units, cardiac telemetry and critical care service lines. Our Haverhill campus offers all private rooms and our Methuen campus offers a new state-of-the-art catheterization suite and joint Center of Excellence named as a Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction+ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement.
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus for Full time Registered Nurse Positions
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus for Part time Registered Nurse Positions
Holy Family Hospital is seeking a dynamic OR Nurse to join our team. Reporting to the Clinical Nurse Manager of Surgical Services incumbents of this position will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Adheres to the Association of peri Operative Registered Nurses (AORN) standards for care of the patient in the OR
- Assesses (and reassesses), plans, implements, and evaluates nursing interventions/plans of care/patient goals.
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols, and established policies and procedures.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patient/family for discharge incorporating support systems/resources as necessary.
- Collaborates daily with other hospital teams, such as with surgeons, surg techs, and x-ray techs to prepare for OR cases.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises nursing interventions performed by others.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, reassign personnel as necessary, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.)
- Provides thorough, timely, and accurate documentation of all pertinent data, therapeutic interventions and patient responses including assessment, care plan, patient goals, and interventions according to establishes standards.
- Provides timely and thorough transfer of nursing care on assigned patients to other health care team members to ensure integration of services and continuity of patient care.
- Assumes accountability for remaining current regarding standards of care established by the profession, regulatory and accreditation bodies and hospital policies and procedures.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e., appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Identifies ethical issues in care and implements actions to address.
- Safely administers medications and intravenous therapy in accordance with physician’s orders, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assesses patient pain level upon admission and as necessary, utilizing the pain scale (e.g., numerical, FACES, and functional goals.)
- Reassesses effectiveness of pain control and notifies physicians as needed, as well as, documents assessment and patients’ response to medication.
- Performs On-call duty on a rotating basis as required. Nights 11p-7a and 12 hour shifts on weekends.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing required, BSN preferred
- Current nursing registration in Massachusetts required
- BLS and ACLS required
- Demonstrated clinical competence in the specialty area of nursing practice preferred
- CNOR or graduate of an OR Training Program preferred
This position is covered by the MNA Collective Bargaining Agreement
Steward Health Care is committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and respect. We are dedicated to delivering affordable health care to all, to being responsible partners, and to serving as advocates for the poor and underserved in the communities we serve. Our core values are predicated on Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, and Stewardship.
Important COVID Message:
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.