Registered Nurse- Operating Room- FT 32 10:00am-6:30pm
Holy Family Hospital is a 320-bed full service, acute care hospital with two campuses located in Methuen and Haverhill, Massachusetts. Both locations provide comprehensive inpatient medical/surgical units, outpatients, and 24.7 emergency services, including eICUs, behavioral health units, cardiac telemetry and critical care service lines. Our Haverhill campus offers all private rooms and our Methuen campus offers a new state-of-the-art catheterization suite and joint Center of Excellence named as a Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction+ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement.
Holy Family Hospital is seeking a dynamic OR Nurse to join our team. Reporting to the Clinical Nurse Manager of Surgical Services incumbents of this position will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Adheres to the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) standards for care of the patient in the OR
- Assesses (and reassesses), plans, implements, and evaluates nursing interventions/plans of care/patient goals.
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols, and established policies and procedures.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patient/family for discharge incorporating support systems/resources as necessary.
- Collaborates daily with other hospital teams, such as with surgeons, surg techs, and x-ray techs to prepare for OR cases.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises nursing interventions performed by others.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, reassign personnel as necessary, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.)
- Provides thorough, timely, and accurate documentation of all pertinent data, therapeutic interventions and patient responses including assessment, care plan, patient goals, and interventions according to establishes standards.
- Provides timely and thorough transfer of nursing care on assigned patients to other health care team members to ensure integration of services and continuity of patient care.
- Assumes accountability for remaining current regarding standards of care established by the profession, regulatory and accreditation bodies and hospital policies and procedures.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e., appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Identifies ethical issues in care and implements actions to address.
- Safely administers medications and intravenous therapy in accordance with physician’s orders, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assesses patient pain level upon admission and as necessary, utilizing the pain scale (e.g., numerical, FACES, and functional goals.)
- Reassesses effectiveness of pain control and notifies physicians as needed, as well as, documents assessment and patients’ response to medication.
- Performs On-call duty on a rotating basis as required. Nights 11p-7a and 12 hour shifts on weekends.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing required, BSN preferred
- Current nursing registration in Massachusetts required
- BLS and ACLS required
- Demonstrated clinical competence in the specialty area of nursing practice preferred
- CNOR or graduate of an OR Training Program preferred
This position is covered by the MNA Collective Bargaining Agreement
Steward Health Care is committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and respect. We are dedicated to delivering affordable health care to all, to being responsible partners, and to serving as advocates for the poor and underserved in the communities we serve. Our core values are predicated on Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, and Stewardship.