Registered Nurse- PACU- Per Diem
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Per diem as needed
- Systematically assesses, monitors, and accurately documents post-anesthesia patient functions.
- Indicates which areas require further observation and intervention for respiratory, cardiovascular, neuromuscular, thermoregulatory, and renal systems in addition to the state of consciousness and fluid/electrolyte balance.
- Assesses and documents patient's immediate post-operative pain and management to include type of medication, time, dose, route, and response.
- Provides optimal continuity of post-operative patient care by planning for the patient's needs immediately post-op and continuously through observation and evaluation or when change occurs in any of the categories during the patient's recovery period.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, licensed in Massachusetts.
- Minimum of one year Post Anesthesia, Recovery Room nursing or equivalent.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.