Registered Nurse - RN - ACC Per Diem Days
The registered nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the delivery of care. The professional nurse assumes the responsibility and accountability for the delegation of patient care to other members of the health care team.
Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Requires an associates degree and is certified as a registered nurse. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Years of Related Experience:
- Minimum: 0-1
- Preferred: 2-4
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current/Active Florida Registered Nurse License (RN) OR Approved Multi-State License
- Education 3: Technical School/2 Years College/Associates Degree
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- RNC (OB, Ped, Med Surg, etc)
- Education 4: Bachelor's Degree
- Certified Gastroenterology RN (CGRN)
- American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Specialized Skills (Required):
- Medical-Surgical patient care experience/
Specialized Skills (Preferred):
- Endoscopy or other special procedure experience
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.