Registered Nurse - RN - ED Per Diem Mid Shift
RN Staff Nurse – Emergency Department
At Sebastian River Medical Center, we strive to serve the needs of our communities by delivering the highest quality of care with compassion and respect. Explore what makes Steward Health Care an outstanding place to work on Florida’s Space Coast!!
Here's what's in it for you:
- 12 hour Day and Night shifts available.
- Competitive salary for the Florida market.
- Excellent differentials along with a clinical ladder in place which offers additional $$$ for national certifications and higher education!
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO/holiday pay and a retirement plan.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of care for a wide variety of patient complaints through the entire age spectrum.
- Document all nursing care, response to therapy, procedures and treatment as per protocol.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
RN Staff Nurse – Emergency Department
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of care for a wide variety of patient complaints through the entire age spectrum. The professional RN assumes the responsibility and accountability for the delegation of patient care to other members of the health care team and follows through to ensure satisfactory outcomes, reporting to either the immediate nursing supervisor or medical personal as appropriate. The RN will document all nursing care, response to therapy, procedures and treatment as per protocol. The RN will demonstrate reliability and excellence whilst providing services to patients and their families taking into account any individual needs their client may have such as spiritual or cultural. Other duties as assigned.
Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
Years of Related Experience
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current/Active Florida Registered Nurse License (RN) OR Approved Multi-State License
- Education 3: Technical School/2 Years College/Associates Degree
- American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Sebastian River Medical Center is committed to achieving the highest level of measurable quality and efficiency in the delivery of health care services that are responsive to the needs and values of our patients, physicians, employees, and visitors. Sebastian River Medical Center recently underwent a facility expansion by adding another 46 patient rooms; 3 new Endoscopy Rooms and 6 new Operating Rooms with ability to expand up to 8 Operating Rooms to better serve our community.