Registered Nurse RN Emergency Services
up to $15,000 Sign on Bonus!!!
NEW RN PAY RATE INCREASES AND ENHANCED BENEFITS!!
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our Continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination of team-oriented, age specific episodic patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning implementation and evaluation in accordance with the standards of care established by the Patient Care Services department and the Emergency Care Center.
- Performs accurate physiologic and psychosocial focused assessments for assigned patients
- Demonstrates knowledge of the expected plan of care and outcome for the illness or injury being treated. Communicates the plan of care to the patient or reinforces the physician’s plan of care. Implements nursing measures and treatment protocols according to established procedures.
- Evaluates the patient’s response to care or measures implemented. Reassesses vital signs in accordance with established procedures and as indicated by the patient’s condition. Reassesses physical parameters as indicated by the patient’s condition or treatment performed. Reports pertinent trends to the physician
- Implements technical aspects of care safely and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Utilizes established policies and procedures
- Accurately administers medications and parenteral solutions according to Patient Care Services and Emergency Care Center policies and procedures. Utilizes the Pyxis cabinet correctly, properly identifies the patient prior to administering medication, screens the patient for medication allergies, and reports adverse drug events in accordance with established policies.
- Accurately documents assessment data and patient responses to interventions. Completes documentation in a timely manner and completes it in a manner that facilitates prompt and accurate billing of the patient’s account
- Effectively communicates discharge instructions to the patient and family. Assesses patient and family understanding of the instructions. Uses language and methods appropriate to the patient’s age and education level.
- Effectively communicates with persons calling for advice. Maintains a friendly and helpful attitude and limits specific advice. Appropriately directs patient to resource to obtain care (Physician’s office, Emergency Care Center, Pharmacy, etc.). Performs ½ hour rounds on the patient in the waiting room and effectively documents on the ½ waiting room logs while maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude.
- Performs activities that promote follow-up for patients (i.e., after hours x-rays, labs, follow-up phone calls.
- Effectively handles difficult patients or family members. Maintains a calm non-judgmental demeanor and documents his/her actions or results
- Utilizes downtime appropriately by ensuring treatment rooms are adequately stocked and following up with patients and families regarding change in treatment or to assess progress and satisfaction with care.
- Uses the AIDET/C.A.R.E.S consistently with dealing with patient and their families. Introduces him/herself, Explains the duration of the visit or stay, educates the patient about the disease process, testing, admission, etc. and thanks the patient and their families for choosing SRMC for their healthcare needs
- The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License
- High School diploma - BSN preferred
- ACLS (within 90 days of hire)
- NIHSS (within 90 days of hire)
- PALS (within six (6) months of hire)
- Background Checks (as required by law)
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation time and Sick time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.