Registered Nurse - RN - Med Surg Stroke Full Time Days
RN Staff Nurse – MedSurg. Unit
Here's what's in it for you:
- 12 hour Day and Night shifts available.
- Competitive salary for the Florida market.
- Excellent differentials along with a clinical ladder in place which offers additional $$$ for national certifications and higher education!
- Outstanding culture with excellent employee satisfaction scores.
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO/holiday pay and a retirement plan.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of care. The professional nurse assumes the responsibility and accountability for the delegation of patient care to other members of the health care team.
Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Requires an associate’s degree and is certified as a registered nurse. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Years of Related Experience
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current/Active Florida Registered Nurse License (RN) OR Approved Multi-State License
- Education 3: Technical School/2 Years College/Associates Degree
- NIH Stroke Scale
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (within 90 days of hire date)
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.