Registered Nurse RN Med Surg
UP TO A $20,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS WITH A 2-YEAR COMMITMENT!
INCREASED RN PAY RATES AND ENHANCED BENEFITS!!
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the holistic assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of PA
- Clearances Required by Federal and State Governments
- ACLS (within 90 days of hire)
- NIHSS (within 90 days of hire)
- Consistently delivers care in a compassionate and respectful manner to patients and significant others during all interactions. Consistently performs bedside shift report at the patient's bedside and engages patient and families.
- Assess physical and psychosocial needs of assigned patients each shift and identifies priority patient care nursing diagnoses, collaborations with patient to establish goals/outcomes for episode of service.
- Manages care for episodes of service by interacting with Case Management, Social Work, PT, OT to provide an interdisciplinary approach to care.
- Delegates specific responsibilities and tasks to members of the patient care team as appropriate and in accordance with scope of practice; retains accountability for outcomes of care delivery.
- Responds to patient call lights and requests from patients and significant others. Actively rounds every hour during the day hours and every two hours during the night. This is confirmed by patient rounding and completion of hourly rounding forms. Holds staff accountable to rounding.
- Provides health education to the patients and significant others relevant to plan of care.
- Preparation for interventions, community services and self-care after discharge. Uses the discharge folder and discharge ticket to ride to communicate education along with the whiteboard.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions and progress towards goals each shift; revises plan as needed. Communicates plan by consistently using the whiteboard in the plan of care and pain management area.
- Document’s assessment, diagnoses, plan, interventions, and evaluation thoroughly and accurately in the medical record.
- Communicates significant findings to physician and other team members as appropriate. Uses GOT CHART and SBAR consistently. Has a computer ready to answer questions that were not covered by SBAR.
- Identifies opportunities for Clinical performance improvement, communicates these to patient care leaders.
- Actively participates in efforts to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of patient care.
- The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Paid Sick time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.