Registered Nurse RN | PRN | OBGYN Clinic
SMG Regional Perinatal Center420 E. 6th St., Ste. 202, Odessa, TX 79761.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing program
- Minimum of one-year clinical nursing experience
- Current RN license
- Current CPR/BLS certification
Under the direction of the Practice Manager and Physician, the RN renders professional nursing care in accordance with physician's treatment plans and standards of evidence-based practice/care. In doing so, assesses patient's condition, plans patient care, administers prescribed drugs, provides treatments, provides appropriate patient education, and evaluates patient's progress, records pertinent observations and report responses to drugs and treatments. Assists with examinations and prepares instruments and equipment.
- Triages patients as needed.
- Monitors schedule and intervenes appropriately in order to minimize patient wait times and ensure a smooth flow of patients through the Center.
- Performs patient high risk OB assessments and obtains detailed patient histories.
- Performs NSTs.
- Assists with amniocentesis and other procedures as needed.
- Prepares patients to be seen by physicians
- Collects vital signs and testing as required by the healthcare provider
- Assists provider with collection, documentation, processing, and verification of information related to patient care
- Performs diagnostic tests and processes and enters results
- Communicates patient concerns and needs to the healthcare provider
- Completes documentation of patient interactions
- Answers telephones, forwards telephone messages and under the direction of licensed staff, schedules appointments, procedures, and diagnostic tests
- Instructs MA’s to assist with patient needs and follow-up phone calls as needed
- Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical information in patient's records, locating and compiling department charts, obtaining medical records from other providers and entering charges for billing purposes
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Administrator or Clinic Manager.
Benefits of Working for Steward Medical Group:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off
- 401(K) retirement saving plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- and long-term disability
- Competitive and affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
About Steward Health Care
- Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
- The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.