Registered Nurse RN Psych
$15,000 Sign on Bonus!!!
We are hiring Pennsylvania licensed RNs to work all shifts in our adult and child psychiatric inpatient department.
At Sharon Regional, we are committed to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for all aspects of the nursing process in the inpatient behavioral health units.
- Evaluates assigned adult and child patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care from admission to discharge.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Uses psychotherapeutic interventions individually and in group formats to assist patients in their recovery.
- Participates in the development of the interdisciplinary treatment plan, setting specific goals and interventions individualized to each patients' needs.
- Assists patients and their families to achieve satisfying and productive patterns of living through health education.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Current Pennsylvania RN license
- Crisis Management Course required (provided)
- Background clearances (as required by law).
- Experience with behavioral health populations is preferred but not required. Training is provided through a comprehensive orientation program.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their family. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.