Registered Nurse (RN) Telemetry
Shift: Full Time, 1st Shift 7a-7p
Cares for patients in adult and older adult age groups
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process in caring for patients.
- Manages pre & post care of patients undergoing diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments.
- Assesses needs and coordinates care of the medical, surgical and terminally ill patients.
- Prepares patients for transfer to SNF, Rehab Unit, and extended care centers.
- Manages pain control through assessment, appropriate and timely medication, followed by clear and concise documentation.
- Monitors and assesses patients requiring continuous cardiac monitoring (telemetry).
- Manages patients requiring mechanical ventilation or IV Insulin therapy.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to engage in professional nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Baccalaureate degree or progression to this degree.
- National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Bi or Multilingual.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED