Registered Nurse - Surgery - Operating Room
RN - OR - Surgery / Full Time
$20,000 sign on bonus for experienced RNs!
Whether your surgery at North Shore Medical Center is an outpatient procedure or a complex case, your board-certified surgeon will use some of the most advanced technology available. Our newest (of 7) operating room is a hybrid suite that combines some of the latest surgical technology with the most sophisticated imaging capabilities. The new Hybrid Operating Room/Vascular Suite is equipped with advanced imaging systems, an angiography system, and several high-definition flat-screen monitors needed for minimally invasive techniques. Our surgeons now have the ability to perform traditional open surgeries and minimally invasive endovascular procedures on the same patient, at the same time, in the same place without having to move the patient. Our sophisticated da Vinci® HD Robotic Surgical System is designed to offer enhanced precision, control, and access to hard-to-reach areas, allowing for many operations to be performed through just a few tiny incisions.
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 39 community hospitals across nine states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties.
At North Shore Medical Center, we are committed to creating:
- A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
- Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
- A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. Remember the saying, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".
Delivers professional and technical nursing care to pediatric adolescent, adult and geriatric patients undergoing surgical procedures in collaboration with care directed by the medical staff.. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation when delivering surgical nursing care. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with unit standards. Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the patient. Prepares equipment and assists physician during surgical procedures.
- Graduate from an approved nursing educational program
- Current Florida RN License
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card
- One year Peri operative experience preferred
- ACLS Certification and CNOR preferred
- Excellent physical assessment and critical thinking skills
- Positive affect, demonstrated leadership and time management skills
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced and stressful environment