At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
• Graduate of an accredited RN school of Nursing.
• Current license in Massachusetts as RN.
• Knowledge of Geriatric Nursing required.
• Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support in accordance with American Heart Association or American Red Cross standards required.
• Knowledge of growth and development across the life span.
• Supervises and evaluates all direct resident care and initiates corrective action as necessary.
• Provides clinical supervision of nursing assistants and Licensed Practical Nurses providing direct resident care.
• Follows staffing guidelines and makes nursing assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the resident population.
• Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned unit.
• Ensures that all physician renewal orders and physician documentation is timely and appropriate.
• Conducts resident rounds, reporting problems to nursing supervisor and initiating corrective action.
• Identifies resident problems and emergency situations, and initiates immediate "life saving" measures within the scope of nursing practice and in accordance with advance directives.
• Administers and documents medications, enteral nutrition, and treatments per the physician's order and accurately records all care provided and observations daily.
Important COVID Message
Please note, our New England Sinai Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.