Registered Respiratory Therapist - Full Time - Days
Sign on Bonus!!! CRT $7,5000 / RRT $15K
Initiates, administers and monitors modalities of respiratory therapy and patient care to all age groups. Possesses ability to administer and monitor mechanical ventilation upon competency validation to neonatal, pediatric and adult patients. Documents and charts all therapy according to protocol. Performs all respiratory modalities for the comfort and well-being of the patient. Complies with objectives and policies of the hospital and the age/developmentally appropriate care is given in accordance with unit standards. Demonstrates clinical competency for Blood Gas duties including ABG draws, capillary draws on neonates, analysis, Quality Control and documentation. Processes respiratory equipment. Organizes work priorities so that all work is done in an appropriate time frame while notifying the Respiratory Supervisor of changes in workload. Incorporates critical thinking skills into patient care. Interrupts routine therapy to perform STAT orders. Collaborates with the medical staff and other disciplines in order to facilitate patient care. Demonstrates a professional , supportive attitude. Provides excellent customer service. Position requires considerable walking, standing, moderate lifting, exposure to patient elements and handling of emergencies and critical patient incidents. May be needed to work beyond the regular tour of duty. Acts as House Therapist as assigned by department head or supervisors according to department needs.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- One (1) year experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- One (1) year of Critical Care experience preferred.
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Current State of Florida License as a Certified Respiratory Therapist, CRT or Respiratory Care Practitioner in Critical Care, or RCPCC required.
- Current BLS Certification
- Possess a minimum of one year clinical experience in respiratory care at an TJC accredited hospital
- Broad knowledge in pediatric through geriatric respiratory care to include therapeutics and diagnostics
- Effective oral and written communication skills
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 39 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
- A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
- Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
- A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".